Seeking Applicants to Join Our Volunteer Board
The Amherstburg Family Health Team (AFHT) invites applications from individuals who are interested in being considered for a position on the volunteer Board of Directors. Our Board is responsible for operational oversight, strategic planning and the enhancement and promotion of our health improvement programs. This is your chance to guide the development of the AFHT and have an impact on the services we provide. Being involved with the AFHT allows you to influence not only our success but also, impact the health, education and well-being of the people of Amherstburg and Essex County. Applicants should be motivated, community-minded, support decision making and uphold the highest standards of professionalism.
We are specifically looking for individuals with the following expertise:
- Accounting/Financial (need to be available to attend monthly meetings especially January through to May)
- IT (Information Technology) and/or Website Development
- Reside within the Amherstburg/Essex County community
Not from the aforementioned professions? But you are passionate to make this community a better place? We want to hear from you as well! Your submission should include the reasons you would like to serve with the AFHT and the skills you would bring to the Board. Previous experience on volunteer Boards or committees is an asset.
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Contribute as a member on a board sub-committte
- Attend AFHT events
The Amherstburg Family Health Team (AFHT) is an approach to primary health care that brings together different health care providers to co-ordinate the highest possible quality of care for our patients. The AFHT provides health care services and programs to approx. 10,000 patients. Our mission is to provide optimal health care to the residents of our community. The AFHT is funded by the Ministry of Health and therefore it is your tax dollars at work. Please consider joining the Board to help make the best use of your tax dollars.
How to apply
- Download and complete the application
- Email completed application, cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or bring your application to the AFHT office at 721 Front Road South during business hours.